Kate Winslet almost died in fire this weekend! (VIDEO)
Elena Vnorovscaia / Chişinău / Moldova.ORG / -- Academy Award-winning actress Kate Winslet could become a Jeanne d'Arc this Sunday when the house where she was staying was caught by a terrible fire.
The actress was among guests of Sir Richard Branson's Caribbean holiday 8-bedroom home, who escaped the injuries after a lightning from a tropical storm.
The building was completely destroyed.
“Around 20 people were in the house and they all managed to get out and they are all fine," announced Branson. "We had a really bad tropical storm with winds up to 90mph. A big lightning storm came around 4am and hit the house”, he said.
“My son Sam rushed to the house and helped get everyone out. Kate Winslet, her boyfriend and her family were there and Holly (daughter) and some of her friends were also staying. My mother was there and they managed to get her out and she is fine”.
"The main house is completely destroyed and the fire is not yet completely out. My office was based in the house and I have lost thousands of photographs, which is very sad", regrets billionaire.
Sara Keene, Winslet's spokeswoman, ensured publicity that the actress was unharmed.